AFA Ob/Gyn wants to make sure that the necessary and urgent health care needs of our patients are met. We are working to minimize your risk as well as risk to our staff while we ensure that women still receive needed care. Please check in with either our Facebook Page or website for updates as we have them. There may be more than one update each day.
1. We are prioritizing appointments that have already been scheduled. Women may be asked to reschedule or you may be offered a Telemedicine appointment, if appropriate and depending on your health condition. Our office will contact you to discuss your options or if you have an upcoming appointment please call us so we can determine what is your best option.
2. If an in-person appointment is needed you will be the only one allowed into our office for this appointment and/or ultrasound. We ask that your partner or family member either stay home or in their car if they drove you to your appointment.
3. We can continue to meet many of your healthcare needs with Telemedicine for existing as well as new patients. Some examples of appointments are listed below. If you have a concern and wonder if a Telemedicine appointment is appropriate please call us and we can help determine if this is an option for you.
• Some prenatal appointments
• Contraceptive counseling or follow-ups
• Postpartum concerns, including anxiety and depression
• Lactation concerns
• Perimenopause concerns
• Menopause concerns
• Infections requiring antibiotics or other treatment
• Preconceptual counseling/Fertility concerns
• Counseling regarding hereditary cancers and family history of breast, ovarian, colon, uterine, pancreatic cancers.
• Counseling regarding results of hereditary cancer risk testing
• Painful menses or irregular menses