The health of the women we care for and their families are of the utmost importance to us here at AFA Ob/Gyn. We are closely monitoring all information and recommendations by the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control as well as the Massachusetts Department of Public Health regarding the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We have and continue to implement strict cleaning and sanitizing protocols of patient areas within all of our offices since the very first concerns were raised for COVID -19 within the United States. This pandemic has changed certain policies within our office. These changes are aimed at limiting exposure to you and our staff.
Here is what this may mean for you:
- We will be screening all patients for any symptoms and travel history when appointments are confirmed and when you are checked in.
- We would recommend that you limit the number of people accompanying you to your appointments.
- If you have an ultrasound in our office only one person will be allowed to attend this appointment with you.
- Emerson Hospital Birthing Center has instituted a one visitor/support person when in labor.
- We will be waiving cancellation fees with less than 24 hours notice. We still require a call to advise us that you need to reschedule your appointment. A fee will be charged if we are not notified that you are unable to attend.
- If you are 60 or over and scheduled for an annual exam please call us to discuss if your appointment is appropriate to be rescheduled.
Emily Strehle, DO
Laura Silk, MD
Sherriann Perivolotis, CNM
AFA ObGyn, P.C.