Dr. Ingrid Balcomb, MD
Dr Balcomb Founded AFA OB/GYN In 1994 And Cared For Her Patients Here Until Her Retirement in 2019
Dr. Balcomb practiced in Canada until 1994, when she immigrated to the USA. She was an active member of the Emerson Hospital Medical Staff in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and she was also Chairman of the Department for several years. She also has served on the Board of Directors of Emerson Hospital.
Dr. Balcomb founded AFA Obstetrics and Gynecology and has built it from a single provider practice to the present collaborative practice including several Nurse Practitioners, Certified Nurse Midwives, and Obstetricians and Gynecologists to provide comprehensive women’s health care and complete obstetrical services.
She enjoys travelling with her husband, reading and interior decorating.
Education & Certification
- Mount Allison University, New Brunswick – BSc
- Dalhousie University, Nova Scotia – MD
- Dalhousie University Residency Program
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (FACOG)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (FRCS,C)
- Board Certified, Obstetrics and Gynecology in Canada and the United States
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG)
- North American Menopause Society (NAMS)
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American Society for Colposcopy & Cervical Pathology (ASCCP)
- High Risk Obstetrics
- Menopause, Perimenopause
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Endometrial Ablation (performed in the office)
- Permanent Contraception (performed in the office)