Our State Of The Art Imaging Services
At AFA OB/GYN we are able to offer you OB/GYN ultrasounds in our Concord, Leominster and Westford offices. The ultrasounds are ordered by your provider, performed by a registered sonographer and interpreted by radiologists affiliated with Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Boston MFM perinatologists. Obstetrical ultrasound serves, in a way, as a “physical” exam of the fetus. It can provide valuable information about the fetus’s health and well-being, for example:
- Age of fetus
- Whether there is more than one fetus
- Rate of growth
- Position of fetus and placenta
- Heart rate and fetal movements
- Detection of many types of birth defects: such as defects of the fetal head, spine, chest, limbs, and heart.
- Markers for Downs Syndromes and other Syndromes
Gynecological (pelvic) ultrasounds are also done here in our office. Common indications for pelvic ultrasounds include pelvic pain, abnormal vaginal bleeding, infertility, and a suspicion of an abnormality on a manual gynecological exam.