One of our midwives did a podcast on being pregnant and precautions for pregnant women and their partners during this pandemic. We hope that you find this information valuable and interesting!
The health of the women we care for and their families are of the utmost importance to us here at AFA Ob/Gyn. We are closely monitoring all information and recommendations by the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control as well as the Massachusetts Department of Public Health regarding the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We have and continue to implement strict cleaning and sanitizing protocols of patient areas within all of our offices since the very first concerns were raised for COVID -19 within the United States. This pandemic has changed certain policies within our office. These changes are aimed at limiting exposure to you and our staff.
Here is what this may mean for you:
- We will be screening all patients for any symptoms and travel history when appointments are confirmed and when you are checked in.
- We would recommend that you limit the number of people accompanying you to your appointments.
- If you have an ultrasound in our office only one person will be allowed to attend this appointment with you.
- Emerson Hospital Birthing Center has instituted a one visitor/support person when in labor.
- We will be waiving cancellation fees with less than 24 hours notice. We still require a call to advise us that you need to reschedule your appointment. A fee will be charged if we are not notified that you are unable to attend.
- If you are 60 or over and scheduled for an annual exam please call us to discuss if your appointment is appropriate to be rescheduled.
Emily Strehle, DO
Laura Silk, MD
Sherriann Perivolotis, CNM
AFA ObGyn, P.C.
Now accepting payments online! Just have your QuickPay Code, also known as Statement ID or Access Code, from your patient statement, then Sign In to pay online
For added convenience to our patient we are now offering appointment three days a week at our Leominster location at 80 Erdman Way. Ultrasounds are also now available at this location. As always, our ultrasounds for our gynecology patients are read by Brigham and Women’s radiologists and our obstetric ultrasounds are read by a Board Certified Maternal Fetal Medicine specialist.
Talk to one of our providers about your family history. There are certain cancers that may increase your risk for breast, ovarian and other types of cancer. Reviewing this history is an important part of preventative care. We can counsel on options and offer screening, if appropriate, to determine your risk for these types of cancer. Click here to learn if testing may be right for you.